08 Apr PPC Bid Management Not As Critical
Bid management is not as critical as it used to be and I’ve made this point many times with clients. But you don’t have to take my word for it anymore. Jason Tabeling over at Search Engine Watch recently wrote an excellent article on why bid management is not as important as it used to be:
In today’s world of relevancy and quality score, many more factors impact your CPC. There’s CTR, landing page quality, relevance of the keyword to the ads in its ad group, and many more. So when you change bids, you’re only moving one lever of many to impact performance.
This isn’t to say that bid management isn’t important. We spend a lot of well spent hours building, designing, maintain custom algorithms to meet our clients bid management needs according to various goals and metrics, and this is time well spent. The idea here is that bid management isn’t a silver bullet.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Limited by your AdWords budget? (vator.tv)
- Top 10 Most Common PPC Mistakes (seerinteractive.com)
- Myths Busted: Feb. 9, 2010 (domainmacher.com)
- Three Ways Keyword Grouping Improves Your Copywriting
- Geo Target Your Way To A Higher CTR & Quality Score (redflymarketing.com)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Best Practices (myventurepad.com)