21 Sep Summer 2016 Must Read Stats | Part 1
Greetings from New Wine Web Design! It’s been a few weeks since we’ve posted a blog as we’ve been busy implementing our newly designed website! We hope you like what you see. Now back to business! Here are some of the can’t-miss internet marketing stats from the summer of 2016. Check back in for our next installment highlighting a few more interesting facts that might shed some light on where you should be focusing your internet marketing dollars.
- According to a study from Google, over 90% of people who did product research on their phone made a purchase within a day and 76% of those who searched for something nearby visited a related business also within one day. What does that mean? Make sure your business is optimized with a Google My Business page and your website is optimized for mobile viewing. If not–you’re missing out on tons of traffic and potential customers.
- Fifty percent of impressions served on Internet Explorer are to non-human bots according to FraudLogix. What does that mean? So few people actually use IE that half of all searches are from programs, algorithms, etc–not actual people. In contrast, only 27% of searches in Chrome are bot-based. Maybe that means web designers can stop wasting our time testing our designs on IE’s clunky browsers soon! We can hope.
- Foursquare has been testing video ads on it Swarm app for post check-in moments and is reporting 100% higher engagement. What does that mean? Video works. Regardless of where it’s used, video ranks substantially higher in engagement whether its video on social media, blogs, ads, websites or anywhere else you can imagine.
- According to Ad Firm Criteo, one quarter of the top mobile retailers are achieving over 50% of their sales via tablets and smartphones! What does that mean? As we mentioned above, you better be sure that your website is mobile friendly and do it quick! That slice of the pie just keeps getting bigger while the others are waning.
- Looking for a new, think-outside-the-box type of advertising opportunity? Ever heard of Podvertising? According to a report from the Interactive Advertising Bureau and Edison Research, 45% of podcast listeners claim that they are likely to visit an advertiser’s website after hearing an audio ad on a podcast, while 65% of listeners claim that podcast ads positively affect purchase intent.
Inspired to take some internet marketing action and utilize your knowledge of these emerging trends? Contact New Wine Web Design today!
Images used under creative commons license – commercial use (9/20/2016) David Martín :: Suki_ :: (Flickr)