27 Apr The Social Media Divide
Over the past few weeks I’ve had an opportunity to speak with many marketing minds. One thing that became increasingly obvious to me during these conversations is that there is a social media divide. For as much as the social media community advocates and believes in the power of social media (I happen to be one of them), there is a world out there that yawns. They yawn not because they don’t believe in its power and potential, but because they have yet to see the hype realized. In many ways they’re asking for a bottom line view of this whole craze. As Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding Jr. character in the movie Jerry Maguire) put it so eloquently “show me the money”.
Here is a reminder:
Personally, I am starting to wonder if I believe my own hype!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Socialised brands can be contagious. Social media is just stuff. (bluurb.wordpress.com)
- Twitter, Facebook Leading Social Media Marketing Tools (marketingvox.com)
- Help Yourself to Help Your Clients (myventurepad.com)
- Measure Your Social Media Efforts by Using Business Objectives (mpdailyfix.com)
- The Catalysts of Social Media (socialmediatoday.com)